Thank you for being part of the AZA Network. To ensure the best possible experience for all users, we enforce these basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this online community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to limit discussions, shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. Intended uses include soliciting the advice of your peers, benefiting from their experience, and participating in ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our AZA Member Services department via the Contact Us link on this site (firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to encourage both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
- All language must be polite, professional and collegial. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate informed and focused conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and unfair competition laws. All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully the legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
- Do not post irrelevant or off-topic content. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
- The AZA Network will not tolerate:
Comments attacking in general all zoos or aquariums or particular AZA-accredited organizations.
Programs and events not related to AZA member institutions.
Endorsements of specific brand name products or services for advertising or marketing purposes, except for AZA approved activities.
Depictions or descriptions of cruelty to animals.
Comments critical of any group or person based on their ethnic, racial, religious, sexual orientation, or disability.
Nudity or pornography
Depictions or descriptions of tobacco or alcohol products.
Depictions or descriptions of firearms or other weapons.
Depictions or descriptions of Illegal drugs, or any illegal activity.
Products or services with sexual overtones.
False, misleading or deceptive sponsorships/advertisements.
Language that is obscene, foul, vulgar, scurrilous or scatological.
Online casino gaming, gambling or betting.
Information affiliated with or promoting political campaigns.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to scan and select quickly a posting of interest and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply contact our AZA Member Services department.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of Association of Zoos and Aquariums. The Association of Zoos and Aquariums is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Association of Zoos and Aquariums be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
The Association of Zoos and Aquariums does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums we will take all appropriate action.
The Association of Zoos and Aquariums reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page or email@example.com.